CONSERVATORY — MINIS at New Music School
If you missed the audition at NMS on Sunday, September 25, and want to be considered, please fill out the form below and we will call you to discuss. Thank you.
New Music School
New Music School is committed to bringing the absolute highest level of musical education for our young students (ages 5-10 years old) looking for something a little more than their private lessons.
- The is a three hour program.
- This program is by invitation or audition only (video)
- Students must be enrolled in private lessons at NMS.
- By Spring Semester: Students must be enrolled in a theory class (Level 1-3 at a minimum) and/or theory private add-on program at NMS. If student is Level 4 and above, they do not need to be involved in theory class.
Topics during class to include:
- Musicianship training
- Small group performances
- Special invitation only performances
- And much, much more!
- Performance Class with Faculty
- Fun and engaging ear-training/rhythm classes
- Music History and Genre Projects
- Fun song-writing classes
What do my kids need to prepare for the first class?
- Just be ready to play one piece of music. After the class, if we feel it is a good fit for your child, we will recommend to continue in the program.
- Initial Class — Sunday, September 24 from 1-4PM (free)
- October 16, 12-3
- November 13, 12-3
- December 11, 12-3
- January 22, 12-3
- February 19, 12-3
- April 9, 12-3
- April 30, 12-3
$1000 Total for all classes (paid in either 1, 2 or 4 payments)
Prorated only if you start later than the first class and commit to full year.
Sign up Form
- Please note this is the sign up for the first class and/or audition
- After working with the students, we will assess if the program is right for your child.
- Program is limited to 15 students Ages 5-10 and who perform at a minimum intermediate level
- If you have any questions, please email