- Learn to compose lyrics and structure in a preferred genre while exploring the best song writers. Each student will perform their work for the class.
- Explore the digital means to studio recording and producing music
- Song release performance
- Become the rising music entrepreneur by creating a faux band or artist B
- Learn the ins and outs of running a successful artist based buisiness
- Branding, marketing, bookings of student groups
- Study various musicals and the important aspects behind each one
- Attend musicals to study the performance
AP Music Theory:
- Learn to recognize, understand, and describe the basic materials and processes of music that are heard or presented in a score.
- Develop your aural, sight-singing, written, compositional, and analytical skills through a series of listening, performance, written, creative, and analytical exercises.
Composing on Garageband:
- Learn how to write music using garageband as tool
- iPad or apple device required.
Learning to DJ:
- Learn the foundations of how to combine music and create a set as a DJ.
- Execute a 30 minute DJ set list
Music Appreciation and concert observation:
- Develop your appreciation and understanding of music.
- Attend a performance in varying genres every 2 weeks
- Learn about the history of music through concerts.
Musical Theatre: Be involved with a in concert musical over the course of the semester.